Thursday, May 27, 2021

3 Rose Heart cards

I have three cards today. I used the same heart stamp in all of these cards and used the same color combo of different distress markers to color on the back of the stamp before I  huffed on it and stamped it onto white cardstock. The lighter-colored hearts are second-generation stamping. If you’re not familiar with the term second-generation stamping, let me explain. Like I said above, I colored the image with distress markers, huffed on the stamp, and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock. Well instead of just doing the same steps again, I huffed on the rubber of the stamp and stamped it onto a different piece of paper. Because of the special properties of distress ink, the huff from my breath adds water to the ink on the stamp, reactivates the ink allowing it to make another impression. The image is lighter but still looks nice. So for my first card, I felt as though the card just needed something to make it not so blah to me. If you don't know, I was stuck upstairs for a while with limited supplies. My craft room is in the basement so my hubby helped me down the stairs to get supplies making this card a little bit better.

Drum roll, please
Tada! 
I inked the edges of all of the papers and the card base with distress ink.
 I created the background paper with a stencil by Gina Marie and a glimmer mist spray. I stamped the Lawn Fawn word “Sending” in black ink so that it would draw your eyes to it. I added a really old Colorbok oval sentiment sticker below, which completed the sentiment on the front card.
I really like the changes.


My second card has a small supply list except the background patterned paper is by K and Co.
The patterned paper strip at the bottom is by Making Memories.
I used a Fiskars border punch on the MM paper. (You can barely see it) 


For the third card, I used scraps of cardstock and patterned paper Provo Craft. The heart stamps in this card are the first generation stamping and the renovated card was the second generation.


All three together.

Below are links to my other cards with this stamp.

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hubby helping you downstairs has produced beautiful cards and I love the different colours.
Faith x