Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Second set of peacock cards

This is day 2 of the peacock cards. I had to break up the post of peacock cards and make it a two day thing.

Let’s start with the peacock stamp by Fiskars. Like yesterday, I colored the back of the stamp with distress markers before stamping it onto cardstock by Forever in Time.
Then, here is a generalized list of products for today’s cards. 

The patterned papers are by My Mind’s Eye,
K and Co. inked with distress ink, a wallpaper swatch, and 
The green polka paper with patterned paper by Scenic Route (Very old.)

All of the die cuts are by Spellbinders

Border punches by Fiskars 
White cardstock sprayed with glimmer mist by Tattered Angels 
The embossing plate is by Fiskars 

The first card has a textured Spellbinders die cut is cut out from a wallpaper swatch See the picture below.





The next card has a before and after because I kept thinking that it needed something.

Before 

After

So,  I added the green border punch is by Fiskars and a “hello” die cut by Lawn Fawn.

I can’t say that I love the results but it does look better to have the sprayed paper enclosed with the borders as well as giving it a universal any occasion “hello” die cut sentiment 


I took a picture of these two cards together because they have the same glimmer mist cardstock. The pictures also show the before and after with the card above.

Before


After



This next card uses 1 white die cut that I cut into two and glued one on the top and one on the bottom of the die cut with the peacock on it. 

I’m not a big fan of liquid adhesive and this is a good example why. I pushed the white die cut cardstock into the card front too hard and it shaped around the middle piece of paper.

At first, I was going to throw the whole thing away because I thought trying to “fix it” would make it worse. However, I  just ended up deciding that it wasn’t that big of a deal.



I took a picture of these next two cards next to each other because they use the same Spellbinders die-cut behind the peacocks but in different paper.


Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Pretty cards! Love the peacock!
Have a great day!
Marilyn💖