Thursday, August 19, 2021

Blue Sewing Swirls Happy Birthday Card

The swirl design that I poked into cardstock came from a stencil by Oriental Trading Co. I backstitched the design with blue floss by DMC. 
I show a picture of the stencil at the end of the post.
The sentiment stamp is by Lawn Fawn.
The blue paper is an old folder.




I love the beautiful card and can only imagine the joy it would bring to someone receiving it. But I hate poking the holes. Tedious and hard on my wrists and right elbow.

Thanks for looking


            Blah, Blah, Blah...
My card today has a little story. I’ll keep it brief.
About 4 years ago I used a stencil by Oriental Trading Co. The stencil is designed for you to poke the holes of the design through cardstock and then to do a backstitch in the holes and so I did just that on this paper/cardstock.
This paper has traveled around my craft room being placed in this drawer and then moved to another drawer.
So here’s my first problem with this card front, it was an odd size, and a lot of times it wasn’t bagged up.

 It’s ridiculous because I have a lot of baggies. When I would find it I just could not figure out what I wanted to do with it. It’s so pretty and time-consuming and maybe I didn’t want to make it into a card and give it away.

Well, the latest time that I moved it, I noticed that the sewing was starting to come loose. 
It looked frazzled. 
It was time to make it into a card. I didn't want all of the time spent on this card to be wasted.
Thanks for looking.

No comments: