Thursday, August 05, 2021

Clearly Besotted Dandelion set with a stamping twist

I'm always looking for things to do with old products to justify the space they are taking up in my craft room. 

This stamp set is an old one called Dandelion Dreams from Clearly Besotted.



To get the stamped background I stamped the dandelions upside down to create a shadow around the image. I did so in lighter colors for the shadow and then the dandelion is a little bit darker color.


In the next picture on the bottom left, I accidentally stamped the shadow twice. One light colored and then I didn’t flip my stamp over and stamped the shadow in the darker color meant for the dandelion image. Poop! So I stamped the image in an even darker color.



This picture shows the right upper shadow that did not fully stamp but looked fine when a stamped the dandelion in a darker color.


In order to stamp the dandelion directly on top of the shadow I used some acetate underneath the stamp. The order: 
Stamp the shadow.
Place the acetate over the shadow
Place the image face down on the acetate covering shadow right where you wanted it.
Put the lid down on the Misty and peel back the acetate from the stamped image of the dandelion
Probably overkill and not necessary but that’s what I did and wanted to remember.


The last picture of the background before adding the sentiment.




The sentiment is a stamp set bought from eBay 

I cut around the sentiment 

The patterned paper main patterned paper is by Colorbok 

The polka dot paper is by Papertrey Ink. 
I inked the edges with pink ink 

I saw this idea on Pinterest from the blog and the blog post example is from 2014:



You need to go to her blog and check out her amazing cards.



Thanks for looking

No comments: