Friday, July 18, 2014

Hot Air balloon card

I have a fun digital stamp card today using Copic markers to color it in. I used the following colors on my card:
B32, B34 and B00
R89, R46, R24, R22
BG32, BG11, BG34, and BG10
G00 and G000
E13, E25, and E33


The aqua cardstock is by Stampin Up and the blues by Sunborn. I did something new for the embossed edge on the left. I had a regular cloud embossing folder that could only be used for a crosswise card and I really wanted to use it for my background but had already adhered my image to the die cuts that wouldn't fit on the card crosswise. I took my piece of blue cardstock and placed it into the cloud folder to the top of the paper and to the very left of my Cuttlebug. With the cardstock hanging outside the embossing folder I grab a border embossing folder by Tim Holtz with Sizzix. It's about 1 1/4 inches wide and fit perfectly on my cardstock just below the clouds and then through my Cuttlebug.  I thought it was the perfect scene for my hot air balloon. What do you think?

Die cuts by Spellbinders, ink by Ranger, chipboard by Paper accents which I painted with Stamp N Plus powdered chalk and paint, pearls by Want 2 Scrap, and the sentiment is by Pebbles.

Thanks for looking.


Challenges:
http://liastampz.blogspot.com/ No Patterned paper
http://oddballstamps.blogspot.com/ Shoe us your coloring skills


20 comments:

Marilyn said...

beautiful card!!!

Cathy P said...

Your card popped out at me on a number of AG challenge blogs. I had to pop over and take a closer look. Beautiful coloring! Your highlight on the balloon is eye-catching!

Shuly said...

oh such a beautiful card! love the gorgeous cloud background and the frames nesting the balloon, the paper colors are perfect for this amazing, airy card!
thank you so much for sharing at Love to scrap! challenge blog!
shuly dt

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful hot air balloon and the colors!! The embossing is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Lisa
Craftin Desert Divas DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely embossed card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Bearly Mine Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Bearly Mine Inspiration & Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, just love the clouds & grass embossing

Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous card hun super design love it and thanks for sharing with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday good luck Judith DT x

Maria Sabina R. said...

Just lovely!thanks for sharing your creation over at Lia Stampz

Pulsatilla said...

Your card is very beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Design - Challenge!!! hugs, ANDREA

NanaConnie said...

Lovely card, Cindy! Love the way you did the clouds. I'm so glad you chose to enter it in our challenge at Through the Craft Room Door last week. Don't forget our new challenge starts today.
NanaConnie DT

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your great card at Penny's this week.
Cheers Nicole

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, Thanks for playing along with us this month on Whimsy Challenge, Love Hazel (Digital DT)

JMC Creates said...

Up up and away! Lovely cool colours. Jacqui DT Bearly Mine

Helen said...

Love it - great colours.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I love the embossing. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Summer Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Diva DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Gill McCall said...

Lovely entry, thanks for taking part in the Sisters Of Craft challenge. Gill DT

Lynne said...

Totally gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Fran said...

Fab project , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card, thanks so much for joining us over at the Sister's of Craft.....Good Luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx

Jules said...

What a beautiful simple card, I love the cloud embossing folder in the background and you've coloured the balloon beautifully. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxox