Saturday, July 26, 2014

Love is.....Wedding card

I made this card using a card, like a credit card, with this sentiment on it from the pharmacy. They were half off and I was waiting for a prescription. I have a couple more that you will see in the future.

I used THIS frame and hanging stamp from Newton's Nook to fit around my sentiment. The frame is stamped onto off white cardstock with Stampin Up ink and then I cut out the center of the frame to show the sentiment. I adhered that paper and the sentiment onto Die Cuts with a View glitter paper. Then I adhered the glitter paper to the patterned paper by Provo Craft.

In order for the bow at the top of the hanger to stay on the paper, I masked off the frame at the top with a Post It. Then I stamped the hanger with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it in silver (Stampin Up). I tried it a few times before doing it to the actually card. The stamp had to stamp over three pieces of paper, one being glitter cardstock. It was a chore but I got it figured out.

I embellished with pearls from Want 2 Scrap,the ribbon by American Crafts, and  the adhesive lace is by Recollections. I placed a pearl in the center of each open section on the lace. 

This could be used as a wedding card, engagement card or anniversary card. Today is my/our 17th wedding anniversary. Our family has sent very nice cards to mark the occasion that I appreciate so much. 

Anyway, have a great weekend.





Challenges:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/- Embossing (Heat embossing on the 

1 comment:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Cindy this is great and will be cherished hope your having a good weekend