Thursday, July 03, 2014

Statue of Liberty Stamp with a chalked background card

My card today uses a Statue of Liberty stamp by
I stamped the image with Versa Mark ink onto white cardstock and heat embossed it with Stampin Up silver embossing powder. From there I die-cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and while the paper was still in the die I inked the top with blue and the bottom with green distressed inks.

To create the background for my card I mixed it together to paint with powdered chalk both by Stamp N Plus. I used two different stencils by Tim Holtz/Ranger and applied the mixture to the watercolor paper using a cosmetic wedge. You have to be careful not to swipe the wedge over the stencil but rather tap up and down. The watercolor paper is by Strathmore and the paper behind it is by Color Aid. 

I embellished the card with pre-made die cuts by Studio G and ribbon by Martha Stewart. 

Thanks for looking.


Challenges:
http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything goes with ribbon
http://www.drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/ Banners, Pennants, and Flags

2 comments:

Shelia said...

Fabulous patriotic card! Love the image & the soft colors you used! Great use of the banner! Thanks for sharing with us at DRS Designs!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fantastic card, love these colours and the design and image is wonderful
Thank you for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly