Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Best wishes/Happy Birthday

I used the We R Memories Keepers ribbon thing to create the line in the center. Then I stamped on scraps of white paper the two Hero Arts sentiments Best Wishes and Happy Birthday. I'm not sure I love the diagonals but they are growing on me. The background is a Hero Arts stamp that I heat embossed using white embossing powder. Then I took my ink blending tool and distress inks to make it the tan in the center and darker towards the edges. I matted that piece onto some brown cardstock. 
Thanks so much for looking.


Challenges:

4 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

What a fabulous card! I love the diagonal design! It evokes movement and excitement... perfect for a festive birthday card! Love your inking technique, too. :) Thanks for celebrating with us and playing along in our "Happy Birthday" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

the ribbon looks gorgeous!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ang C said...

A fab birthday card

Thankyou for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our Happy Birthday challenge for our 2nd birthday

Hope to see you again soon

Ang x

CG said...

Wow, stunning! The ribbon looks fantastic, I'll have to try that. Best, CG