Monday, April 22, 2013

Manly Monday Earth Day edition

I thought since today is Earth day I would show you some cards I made using recycled items.
For my first card I used the clear plastic that your stickers comes on with blue alcohol ink from Ranger. I save my pieces to use on future projects. The background stamp is by Hero Arts, boom box by Imaginsce, with the headphones by Stampibilities. The notes are stickers from The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby and the Dad stickers are by Creative Memories. I use Making Memories eyelets on the corners. I think eyelets are a manly item. The ink I used on this card is by Stampin Up (white) and Hero Arts (black). The headphones were cut out and the boom box was cut out using a Spellbinders die.


My second card is very CAS but I like it. I used a Monster tab from a can as my embellishment. I don't usually use ribbon on my manly cards but sometimes you have to break the rules. The stamp and ink are by Hero Arts. I then used Offray ribbon across the top and bottom. The pop tab is up on foam adhesive with the ribbon wrapped around it. I tried to hide the ribbon underneath the lower part of the tab. It took some messing with but I finally got it to look like I wanted it to. I love the splash of green for this card and my husband loved how simple it was. 


Challenges:
http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/-Birthday card with a bday greeting


Some amzing manly cards I found this week. Stop by their blogs and leave them some love.



Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Cindy, Both cards are fabulous, I like the boom box and head phones with the musical notes,I like the CAS design of the second card, the touch of green makes it pop.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy, two lovely cards - great use of recycled items.

Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

Sarah

Crafting Vicky said...

Fabulous recycling!!!! Just love what you have done.

Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Unknown said...

Great cards, perfect for men :-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Two lovely cards, I particularly love your recycling.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Marlies said...

Two beautiful cards. Both with a lovely design, very stylish! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

Helen said...

Two great cards - love the way you've used the plastic sheet and the can ring pull.

Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Ger said...

Great cards and clever recycling! Thankyou for joining us this week at ABC Challenges

Daphne/Scrapsofstuff said...

Two nice cards. Great recycling! Thanks for sharing with us at Three Scrappy Gals.

Patty Gorka said...

Love the pop tab, great idea to recycle them! Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges!

thecraftycavalier said...

Fab recycling! Both really great cards. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, Jayne x