Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Christmas Cards All Year Round

Christmas Cards all Year Round April challenge started Monday and the theme this month is O' Christmas Tree. 

For my cards I chose to use the same tree stamp from Stampin Up. I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder and then used different inks to resist the embossing. All were sprayed with a water with Perfect Pearls by Ranger and embossed with Versa Mark ink and Stampendous embossing powder..

For this first card I used Forest Moss distress ink. The patterned paper is by DCWV (old), felt ribbon from Oriental Trading Co and buttons from my stash.


The ink I used for my second card is very old (like 1990's) by Excelsior. I Googled the name and they are still in business. Amazing after all these years. The patterned paper is by The Paper Studio/Hobby Lobby, sentiment stamp by Hero Arts, ink by Stampin Up and brad by American Crafts.


For this last card I used a Stampin Up ink pad, Green Galore. The border punch, sentiment stamp and cardstock also by Stampin Up along with a Provo Craft embossing folder finish this card up. 


 I didn't have many distress inks at the time when I stamped these out. I have a tendency to stamp a bunch of things out and then set them aside. These trees are a prime example of that. 

Thanks for looking.





No comments: