Monday, April 08, 2013

Manly Monday

For this week's post I have a bookmark to show you. I made it for the challenge at Mark's Finest papers. My nephew has been asking me to make him a bookmark and so this challenge was the perfect kick in the behind I needed. 

For this bookmark I heat embossed the music instruments stamps by Stampibilities with Versa Mark ink and black Stampendous embossing powder. Then I used blue distress ink to change it's color. The circle at the bottom right reminded me of the inside of a speaker. The stamp is by Papertrey Ink with ink by Ranger. The PJB (his initials) stamps are by Stampin Up with ink by Close to My Heart.


My card for this week is for the upcoming holiday Father's Day. The patterned paper is by DCWV Guy Stack. I inked the edges with Ranger distress ink and an ink blending tool. The brads are by The Paper Studio and the burlap is from my stash. I used foam adhesive on the title. A very easy card for the fix it kind of guy in our lives.



Some other guy cards I found this week:
(Be sure to stop by and give them some love)


Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Cindy, love your tag and card. Those brads are fantastic ... just perfect for this type of card.. and thank you for linking up my card :) So happy you like it too xxx

Pat said...

Great looking bookmark. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a great masculine bookmark! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

stampingbowd said...

cute bookmark!!! Love the fun images! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends!