Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thinking of You Square grid like pattern card

I used stamps by Hampton arts with matching dies for the outside squares. (They're more of a rectangle but we're going to go with square:)
Then I have the same Stampin Up squares that I've been trying to find a way to use them in a way that I like them.
The sentiment is by Hero Arts

I used inks by Hero Arts, Stampin Up and distress ink residue.
 Pool Tide by Hero Arts in the center square. The same stamps around the outside squares are Sage Shadow by Stampin Up. I stamped off with this color and then stamped onto the die-cut. It's an old ink with a flip-top case. It has survived for many years.

On the SU stamps, I used the inks SU Soft Sky, SU Certainly Celery. Umbrella Sea Glass. When I stamped a bunch of these a few years ago, I didn't clean the stamp before stamping the next time.
I also did the stamping on random pieces of white cardstock and some on the backside of patterned paper that I knew I wouldn't use. 
Therefore, the shades of white are off and that's something that I would have stamped again but then I would still have these oddballs sitting in my drawer.
Since I did not clean the stamps in between each use, the squares have their own unique color. I can see where the brown tint of ink is on the blue squares. 



Here's another one with those stamps. 
All the stamps are by Stampin Up 
The flower die- cuts have matching stamps but for whatever reason
 it didn’t cut all the way through the paper on the inside flower. It’s hard to explain.
The patterned paper is by Basic Grey
Vellum is from my stash
The grommet in the center is by WE R Memory Keepers
Ink is by Stampin Up and Ranger


Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I really like these cards Cindy, the shaped squares are a great design and love the stamping on them. Your second card, also has great design and lovely paper, the flower is embossed? (being partially cut through,) a great effect.
Faith x

Marilyn said...

Nice cards!
Have a great day!
Marilyn💖

Cindy Groh said...

I can’t remember if it is a partial cut or an inlay. I did it a long time ago.